CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quirks

Thanks Ra-Ra for the tag.  6 quirks you may not know about me:


1.  I must have my door locked (all 3 locks) all windows closed every night and house/closets/rooms checked too.  I will check 3 or 4 times before I finally fall asleep.   Even after I have eyes closed, just about asleep, I usually have to double check with either Devan or get up to make sure they are locked and everything on the home-front is safe.

2.  I don't measure anything when it comes to cooking.  Actually, I feel like if I do measure I know whatever I am cooking will taste terrible, it's just the way it is.  I have to put things in as I please, and can't follow a recipe or I won't like it.

3.  I am kinda obsessed with being the super-fans of certain teams (Jazz, BYU, Timpview).  If anyone thinks they know more or are the bigger super-fan my face gets all hot and and my blood boils.  I insist that Devan, myself (and a few friends) are the ultimate fans and truly know the most!

4.  Kind of like number 1, but I am a MAJOR scaredy-cat.  Not only scary movies, walking to my car alone at night, being alone at night, but even down to watching Prison Break or Hero's.  I have to watch a happy show after those, or if I get riled up or scared it takes me quite a long time to calm down because my mind races like you would not believe.  The last scary movie I watched (The Grudge) I cried the entire time (in the movie theatre), which is sad because everyone says it isn't even scary-but I had nightmares for days.  Any time I watch LOST, it's a guaranteed scary dream for the next couple nights.

5.  I talk to my turtles funny.  I swear they can hear me and they love me lots.  They get the special goo-goo-ga-ga baby talk and get treats like royals.  I have a crazy obsession with not only my turtles, but ALL animals.  I love animals with a passion, and anytime one dies or gets hurt in a movie, I cry (and totally try to hide it from Dev, but it never works- three words I Am Legend).

6.  There in nothing more important to me than my husband and my family.  I insist on making sure I say I love you every time I talk on the phone or see them.  Even if they hang up quickly, or close the door, I will call back or walk in to make sure they heard me say I love you.  I get worried that they will forget that and it will hurt their feelings.  Also, I get worried that something bad will happen to them if I don't - the one time I don't.  You never know and I always always say I love you to whoever I can whenever I can.  So to all my family... I love you! :-)

So I guess we all have our quirks, which bring laughs, worries, and faults (like my own).  I hope all of you enjoy reading others quirks as I do.  I tag Ray-I-Fer, Lindsay T, Emily or Garrett.

2 comments:

Sierra and Ryan said...

So I want to hear this "voice" that the turtles get to hear everyday. Sounds kinda funny. Ha ha :) I am glad I am not the only scardy pants in the area!

McGuire's said...

RED GLARE!
The turtle quirk is funny. The checking your windows and closets multiple times each day...not funny...actuall quite wierd. Save up for about a decade and go see a shrink about anxiety. La, just remember, how often do you REALLY hear of someone finding a bum in their closest..especially in the O-town? Besides just huck your turtle at their face.